Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by Mickyj on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:09 pm

Glenelg v Eagles
Saturday 23 June
Gliderol Stadium

Reserves: 12:00pm
League: 2:40pm

Another late start but lights at this oval
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2866
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 55
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by goddy11 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:25 pm

What was Joe Sinor's injury.. Brokrn leg
The SANFL has him with ankle. Is this something recent. Anyone Know

Nathan Rudloff
Hamstring
4-5 Weeks
Joseph Sinor
Ankle
2 Weeks
Jordan West
Knee
2 Weeks
Isaac Moller
Groin
4-5 Weeks
Jared Petrenko
Knee
2 Weeks
Will McPherson
Hamstring
2 Weeks
Seb Guilhaus
Groin
Test
Will McPherson
Hamstring
2 Weeks
Seb Guilhaus
Groin
Test
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 406
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by Mickyj on Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:09 pm

goddy11 wrote:What was Joe Sinor's injury.. Brokrn leg
The SANFL has him with ankle. Is this something recent. Anyone Know

Nathan Rudloff
Hamstring
4-5 Weeks
Joseph Sinor
Ankle
2 Weeks
Jordan West
Knee
2 Weeks
Isaac Moller
Groin
4-5 Weeks
Jared Petrenko
Knee
2  Weeks
Will McPherson
Hamstring
2 Weeks
Seb Guilhaus
Groin
Test
Will McPherson
Hamstring
2 Weeks
Seb Guilhaus
Groin
Test

We may need someone closer to the club or who watches training
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2866
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 55
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by Mickyj on Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:03 pm

EAGLES

League

Woodville-West Torrens has welcomed back a key midfielder for its match against Glenelg on Saturday.

Hardnut Angus Poole returns from a one-match SANFL IRP ban for a rough tackle against Adelaide in Round 10.

He has been joined in the Eagles’ 23-man squad by ruckman Seb Guilhaus, who has overcome a groin complaint, and defender Jake Westbrook.

Rover James Rowe has been sent back to the Reserves.



F: Johansen, N. Hayes, Haylock

HF: Comitogianni, J. Hayes, Gray

C: Rowland, Lewis, Hall

HB: Westbrook, Thompson, Goldsworthy

B: Giuffreda, Von Bertouch, Stewart



R: Redden, Sharrad, Boyd

INT: Guilhaus, Lee, Heinjus, Firns, Poole

IN: Poole, Guilhaus, Heinjus

OUT: Rowe



Reserves
McLeod, Cook, Hawkins, Sibley, Minney, Weidemann, Schmusch, X.Redden, Martin, C.Gaffney, E.Miller, Moore, Wehr, Mead, McKay, Rowe, Wood, Borholm, J.Gaffney.

Under-18
F: Pratico, Coff, Miller
HF: Friend, Armfield, Francis
C: Smith, Burgoyne, Beecken
HB: McNeilly, Bruce, Hawkins
B: Williams, Carter, Brill

R: Michael, Bailey, McNeil
INT: Firns, Jackson, Nicholas, Tape, Thompson, Tiller
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2866
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 55
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by Mickyj on Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:35 am

Not sure what to make of yesterday's game .
Another nothing game really great win
But something's we did a top team would have made us pay
No Stewart was a shock Heinjus Stepped up played well
Sharrad I must say I am happy we recruited him adds a bit of mongrel we lacked . And in front of me it was obvious some Glenelg players were scared of him .
I hope Jake Johanson is ok and the player that hit him in the kidneys gets caught on film
Seb keeps impressing
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2866
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 55
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by wimpy on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:16 am

"goddy 11" I think you will find the injury to Sinor was a broken ankle plus a ruptured ankle tendon. He said he would have been out 4 - 6 weeks with just a broken ankle but the operation to repair the tendon has caused the biggest delay. The broken ankle had screws inserted and he could play with these still in but one caused some kind of irritation so he had to have it removed so this caused a further delay.
I'm very doubtful if Sinor and Petrenko will be in good enough condition for a finals campaign.
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 302
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by wimpy on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:21 am

Will be interesting to see if Jack Lukosius plays in the next Eagles match on 8th July Vs Port. He will be finished state U18 commitments but will play for the State on 29/6 and 4/7 before this match, Godden might decide to rest him.
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 302
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by Mickyj on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:22 am

wimpy wrote:"goddy 11" I think you will find the injury to Sinor was a broken ankle plus a ruptured ankle tendon. He said he would have been out 4 - 6 weeks with just a broken ankle but the operation to repair the tendon has caused the biggest delay. The broken ankle had screws inserted and he could play with these still in but one caused some kind of irritation so he had to have it removed so this caused a further delay.
I'm very doubtful if Sinor and Petrenko will be in good enough condition for a finals campaign.  
Wimpy both told a fan back next game yesterday
Pup told me yesterday his knee is good and back in two weeks
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2866
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 55
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by Mickyj on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:23 am

wimpy wrote:Will be interesting to see if Jack Lukosius plays in the next Eagles match on 8th July Vs Port. He will be finished state U18 commitments but will play for the State on 29/6 and 4/7 before this match, Godden might decide to rest him.

I reckon Jack was walking around Glenelg oval yesterday
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2866
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 55
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by goddy11 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:34 am

wimpy wrote:Will be interesting to see if Jack Lukosius plays in the next Eagles match on 8th July Vs Port. He will be finished state U18 commitments but will play for the State on 29/6 and 4/7 before this match, Godden might decide to rest him.
It just disappoints me when our players are held back so they can audition in an U18 comp and trial games rather than play for us.
The AFL picks them up for next to nothing. Lets hope he rises to the occasion come finals and not think about the draft.

avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 406
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by goddy11 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:44 am

Mickyj wrote:Not sure what to make of yesterday's game .
Another nothing game really great win
But something's we did a top team would have made us pay
No Stewart was a shock Heinjus Stepped up played well
Sharrad I must say I am happy we recruited him adds a bit of mongrel we lacked . And in front of me it was obvious some Glenelg players were scared of him .
I hope Jake Johanson is ok and the player that hit him in the kidneys gets caught on film
Seb keeps impressing  

I agree with your summation. Hard game to gage. The bays had a bit of a comeback in the 3rd and late 4th that made the score look better for them. Sharrad is a good recruit. I did not see the Johanson hit, When did that happen? Always something when we play the Bays.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 406
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by Mickyj on Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:05 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:Not sure what to make of yesterday's game .
Another nothing game really great win
But something's we did a top team would have made us pay
No Stewart was a shock Heinjus Stepped up played well
Sharrad I must say I am happy we recruited him adds a bit of mongrel we lacked . And in front of me it was obvious some Glenelg players were scared of him .
I hope Jake Johanson is ok and the player that hit him in the kidneys gets caught on film
Seb keeps impressing  

I agree with your summation. Hard game to gage. The bays had a bit of a comeback in the 3rd and late 4th that made the score look better for them. Sharrad is a good recruit. I did not see the Johanson hit, When did that happen? Always something when we play the Bays.

Seeing I've mentioned it on two forums it was late in third glenelg going forward Johanson over the line near the benches when he was allegedly hit .
Hoping it was caught by channel 7
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2866
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 55
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by Reddeer on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:31 pm

I can't believe two glenelg players are rated higher than the Eagles best on the sanfl stats. Must have been a different game

Reddeer
Member

Posts : 237
Join date : 2010-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by Mickyj on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:46 pm

Reddeer wrote:I can't believe two glenelg players are rated higher than the Eagles best on the sanfl stats. Must have been a different game

Haven't seen them yet
Once I do I'll post them up
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2866
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 55
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by Columbo on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:58 pm

If thats the DT score you are looking at on the app...
Kicks and Marks count for 3 points, handballs 2 points, tackles 4, FF 1, FA -3, Hitouts 1 and goals and points 6 and 1.
Curran got 42 for kicks, 24 for HB, 51 for marks and 20 for tackles = 137

Hayesy got 33 / 14 / 24 / 20 + 32 (for 5.2) plus 4 frees = 127

We only had more hit outs and inside 50's for the day....oh and the 47 points!
avatar
Columbo
Member

Posts : 611
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 42
Location : Percy Fox Grandstand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by Reddeer on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:57 am

Thanks for the explanation but it tends to show that stats don't mean much in the end

Reddeer
Member

Posts : 237
Join date : 2010-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by Mickyj on Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:09 am

Reddeer wrote:Thanks for the explanation but it tends to show that stats don't mean much in the end
Very true
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2866
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 55
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by Mickyj on Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:10 am

Columbo wrote:If thats the DT score you are looking at on the app...
Kicks and Marks count for 3 points, handballs 2 points, tackles 4, FF 1, FA -3, Hitouts 1 and goals and points 6 and 1.
Curran got 42 for kicks, 24 for HB, 51 for marks and 20 for tackles = 137

Hayesy got 33 / 14 / 24 / 20 + 32 (for 5.2) plus 4 frees = 127

We only had more hit outs and inside 50's for the day....oh and the 47 points!

Thanks Columbo
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2866
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 55
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by goddy11 on Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:15 am

Columbo wrote:If thats the DT score you are looking at on the app...
Kicks and Marks count for 3 points, handballs 2 points, tackles 4, FF 1, FA -3, Hitouts 1 and goals and points 6 and 1.
Curran got 42 for kicks, 24 for HB, 51 for marks and 20 for tackles = 137

Hayesy got 33 / 14 / 24 / 20 + 32 (for 5.2) plus 4 frees = 127

We only had more hit outs and inside 50's for the day....oh and the 47 points!


Your right. The DT is useless. The Bays were massively ahead in this yet lost by 47. I'll take that.
I'm surprised that Redden never had a kick. Jake VB only had 6 disposals but I think he clearly won his position.
The Bays had 8 players with 20 plus possessions but could not make that count. I suspect most in the backline. Our I50 were more. Maybe something Godden needs to correct as far as making use of our forward play. Lukosius, and Petrenko should help there.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 406
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by wimpy on Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:38 am

It's a very poor system of evaluating players when efficiency is not taken into account. Eagles won 3 out of 4 quarters. Just as well the premiership table is not based on DT points!!!!
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 302
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by Columbo on Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:45 pm

I think its more of a gimmick than a way of evaluating anything.
They chipped the ball around most of the day but didnt get all that far with it until the incident with Ethan which unsettled our boys a bit. Will be interesting if there is any case to answer there.
avatar
Columbo
Member

Posts : 611
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 42
Location : Percy Fox Grandstand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by Mickyj on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:34 am

I got our player wrong oops sorry about that but Joseph is a dirty thug
Glenelg defender Aaron Joseph has been offered a two-match ban with an early guilty plea for engaging in rough conduct with Eagles utility Ethan Haylock at Gliderol Stadium on Saturday.

Aaron Joseph (Glenelg) – Rough Conduct

Conduct: Intentional

Impact: Medium

Contact: Body

Base Sanction (Bad Record Loading): 3 Matches

Early Plea: 2 Matches

Joseph has until 10am on Tuesday to decide whether to contest or accept the charge.
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2866
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 55
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by goddy11 on Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:48 pm

To those in the know, I am seeing on the club website Sinor, Petrenko and West back in a week. Does that mean they will be available next match at some level.
Also Rudloff is still 3-4 weeks away with a Hammy. He's had a poor introduction to our club.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 406
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by Mickyj on Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:53 pm

goddy11 wrote:To those in the know, I am seeing on the club website  Sinor, Petrenko and West back in a week. Does that mean they will be available next match at some level.
Also Rudloff is still 3-4 weeks away with a Hammy. He's had a poor introduction to our club.

I wrote somewhere a footy mate spoke to pup and sinor back next week.
I spoke to pup afterwards asked him about his knee he said it was good and will be back against Port . I didn't ask what level I think seconds .
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2866
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 55
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by spell_check on Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:18 pm

Mickyj wrote:I got our player wrong oops sorry about that but Joseph is a dirty thug
Glenelg defender Aaron Joseph has been offered a two-match ban with an early guilty plea for engaging in rough conduct with Eagles utility Ethan Haylock at Gliderol Stadium on Saturday.

Aaron Joseph (Glenelg) – Rough Conduct

Conduct: Intentional

Impact: Medium

Contact: Body

Base Sanction (Bad Record Loading): 3 Matches

Early Plea: 2 Matches

Joseph has until 10am on Tuesday to decide whether to contest or accept the charge.

Lost the appeal - three match suspension results
avatar
spell_check
Member

Posts : 448
Join date : 2010-03-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenelg v Eagles 23 June Gliderol stadium

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum